This was a winner! Wasn’t sure it was going to be so I didn’t take a lot of photos, but it was! I immediately inhaled two slices with fresh churned butter. Okay, fresh food-processed butter!
Butternut Pear Quick Bread
1 cup all-purpose flour, organic
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon clove
1 cup sugar, pure cane organic
1/4 cup maple syrup, pure
1 1/2 cups butternut squash, pureed
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease one bread pan.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix together wet ingredients except the pear.
- Peel and chop the pear in largish pieces.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until everything is incorporated, but do not over mix.
- Add the pears in and fold carefully.
- Pour into pan, sprinkle pepitas over the top and bake for 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees.